Community is all about us working together!
BankCherokee is very proud to participate in the 2017 Minnesota Bankers Community Impact Week. Here's where Team Cherokee will be the week of September 18th.
- Monday, Sept. 18th - The Family Place: Imagine… living in your vehicle, couch surfing, moving from house to house. Many families do not have to imagine it, they are living it. The Family Place provides day and night shelter, educational programming for all members of the family, three hot meals and two snacks each day, and other essential services, and remain at capacity 365 days a year.
- Tuesday, Sept. 19th - Jeremiah Place: The Jeremiah Program offers one of the nation’s most successful strategies for transforming families from poverty to prosperity two generations at a time. Jeremiah prepares determined single mothers to excel in the workforce, readies their children to succeed in school, and reduces generational dependence on public assistance.
- Wednesday, Sept. 20th - Ralph Reeder Food Shelf: The Ralph Reeder mission is to provide emergency and supplemental food assistance to individuals and families in need and to connect them to other helpful resources in a manner that preserves their dignity and empowers them to take steps towards self sufficiency.
- Thursday, Sept. 21st - Little Bohemia Neighborhood Association: The Minnesota Department of Transportation in partnership with the Little Bohemia Neighborhood Association, MN Nature, the City of Saint Paul, Minnesota Tree Care Advocates and the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency has launch a 3-year project to enhance the landscape surrounding the bike path that runs along 35E, from Grand Ave to St Clair Ave in the Little Bohemia Neighborhood. A significant investment on the part of our project partners, this beautification project will provide greater enjoyment and safety for everyone who used the trail.
- Friday, Sept. 22nd - Salvation Army W. 7th Food Distribution: The Salvation Army exists to meet human need wherever, whenever, and however we can.
Launched by the Minnesota Bankers Association, the Community Impact Week creates an opportunity for banks to highlight the many volunteer opportunities available to help build stronger local communities.