What is Minnesota Bankers Community Impact Month?
In the month of September, Minnesota Bankers Community Impact Month will give member banks a focused period to engage employees in one or more community service activities. This campaign helps showcase the vital role that banks play in their communities throughout the year. The Minnesota Bankers Association asks that each MBA member set aside some time during this month to support charitable organizations of their choice. The MBA and fellow banks/bankers will then highlight the work being done through social and print media.
How BankCherokee is participating:
BankCherokee takes pride in giving back to our communities. This year presented a bit of a challenge however, we have a diverse variety of projects our employees will be working on throughout the month of September and a bit beyond.
- In-Branch Project – Creating Happiness Cards for Meals-on-Wheels recipients that will be added to each meal delivery. Project in conjunction with Keystone Community Services
- Customer Shred Day at our Smith Avenue location along with collecting food donations benefiting Neighborhood House BankCherokee Food Shelf and cash donations benefiting FINNEGANS Community Fund who is committed to providing fresh produce to food shelves.
- In-Branch Project – Putting together Laundry Kits including Soap & dryer sheets along with instructions that will benefit programs at Keystone Community Services.
- Community Clean Up in Little Bohemia area off West 7th in St. Paul. An employee favorite, getting outside and weeding, picking up trash, mulching and whatever else needs to be done to help beautify the neighborhood.
- Virtual Food Donation Drive benefiting The Sheridan Program, supporting kids fighting hunger by providing weekend meals for their families. Sheridan is able to purchase food from bulk suppliers, so they are able to make your dollars stretch further.
- Fall Clean up and Gardening at Douglas Park in St. Paul near our Smith Avenue branch. BankCherokee is the steward of Douglas Park which is located just 2 blocks east or our Smith Avenue location. We keep Douglas Park looking beautiful!
- BOUNS Shred Day in October at our North Oaks location. Food Collection benefiting Ralph Reeder Food Shelf and cash donations benefiting FINNEGANS Community Fund who is committed to providing fresh produce to food shelves.
We are excited to join 84 banks & 478 branches in Minnesota participating and making an impact in our communities this month! #BanksBuildMN